UPDATED: Chris Weidman Out of UFC 155 Due to Injury, Constantinos Philippou Replaces Him
Posted by Larry Csonka on 11.21.2012
More on the injury...
UPDATE: According to mmafighting.com, Weidman's injury is said to be a shoulder injury. At this time, it is thought to be a torn labrum and a possible dislocated or separated shoulder, which will require surgery. He's estimated to be out of action three to six months.
ORIGINAL: According to newsday.com, Chris Weidman (9-0 MMA, 5-0 UFC) is out of his UFC 155 bout against Tim Boetsch (16-4 MMA, 7-3 UFC) with what is described as an "undisclosed injury." Constantinos Philippou (10-2 MMA, 4-1 UFC), who this past Saturday had a planned bout scrapped the day of the fight, will replace him. UFC 155 takes place Dec. 29 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas with the following card…
* Champ Junior Dos Santos vs. Cain Velasquez - for heavyweight title
* Phil Davis vs. Forrest Griffin
* Tim Boetsch vs. Constantinos Philippou
* Joe Lauzon vs. Jim Miller
* Alan Belcher vs. Yushin Okami
* Chris Leben vs. Karlos Vemola
* Brad Pickett vs. Eddie Wineland
* Phil De Fries vs. TBA
* Michael Johnson vs. Myles Jury
* Leonard Garcia vs. Cody McKenzie
* Byron Bloodworth vs. Erik Perez