Mark Hunt vs. Junior dos Santos Now Official for UFC 160
Posted by Jeffrey Harris on 03.09.2013
Hunt set to face the former champion...
The UFC has now officially confirmed that Mark Hunt will face off against former UFC heavyweight champion Junior dos Santos at UFC 160 on May 25 in Las Vegas. Earlier this week, UFC President Dana White said on Twitter that the fight was offered to Hunt after dos Santos' originally scheduled opponent, Alistair Overeem, withdrew from the bout due to injury. However, Hunt turned the fight down according to White.
Hunt then put forth on Twitter that he never turns down a fight. When asked for comment about turning the fight down by Fuel TV's Ariel Helwani, Hunt initially offered not to comment before he sent out the aforementioned tweet. White then later said on Twitter that he got off the phone with Mark Hunt and that the conversation went well. He then said JDS wouldn't have to wait until the summer for a fight with Overeem since he would be fighting Hunt instead in May.
UFC 160 will be broadcast on PPV on May 25. A fight with JDS and Hunt, who is coming off of four straight wins in the UFC, could likely be a title eliminator fight.