List Of UFC Fight Night 26 Medical Suspensions: Browne and Johnson Out Indefinitely
Posted by Joseph Lee on 09.10.2013
A total of 14 fighters..
MMA Junkie reports that Travis Browne, Michael Johnson, Manny Gamburyan and Cody Donovan were all indefinitely suspended by the Massachusetts State Athletic Commission after UFC Fight Night 26. The MSAC oversaw the event, which happened on August 17 at the TD Garden in Boston. The main card aired live on Fox Sports 1 after preliminary fights on FOX Sports 1 and Facebook.
A total of fourteen fighters were suspended. Those who received indefinite suspensions can be cleared to compete by a doctor. Main eventers Chael Sonnen and Mauricio Rua (who lost in the first round by submission), were cleared to compete.
Browne needs a doctor's clearance on his shin and eyes. He was in the co-main event and got a $50,000 "Knockout of the Night" bonus with a front kick that knocked out Alistair Overeem, who was suspended for 60 days with 45 days no contact.
Here's the full list of suspensions:
- Travis Browne: suspended indefinitely or until cleared for by orthodpedist for left shin and opthamologist
- Alistair Overeem: suspended 60 days with no contact for 45 days for KO and forehead laceration
- Iuri Alcantara: suspended 30 days for laceration
- Mike Pyle: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for KO
- Michael Johnson: suspended indefinitely or until cleared by opthamologist
- Joe Lauzon: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact
- Brad Pickett: suspended 60 days with no contact for 45 days for facial contusions
- Max Holloway: suspended 30 days and needs clearance by orthodpedist for right ankle
- Mike Brown: suspended 45 days with 30 days no contact for KO loss
- Diego Brando: suspended 180 days or until cleared by orthodpedist for right hand
- Daniel Pineda: suspended 180 days or until cleared by orthodpedist and 45 days no contact
- Cody Donovan: suspended indefinitely or until cleared for by orthodpedist for left hand