UFC 168 Media Tour To Hit Seven Cities In Seven Days
Posted by Joseph Lee on 09.17.2013
A lot of hype...
MMA Junkie reports that before Chris Weidman (10-0 MMA, 6-0 UFC) and Anderson Silva (33-5 MMA, 16-1 UFC) have their middleweight title rematch at UFC 168, the UFC will begin a media tour on September 23 that will hit seven cities in seven days. Most of the events, in both the US and Brazil, will be free and open to fans. The PPV takes place on December 28 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Weidman beat Silva at UFC 162 in July, knocking him out and ending a reign that almost lasted seven years. UFC 168 will also feature a title fight between The Ultimate Fighter 18 coaches Ronda Rousey (7-0 MMA, 1-0 UFC) and Miesha Tate (13-4 MMA, 0-1 UFC).
Here's the full tour schedule:
- Monday, Sept. 23: Los Angeles UFC Gym in Torrance, 4 p.m. PT: Q&A with UFC President Dana White, Weidman and SIlva. Free and open to the public.
- Tuesday, Sept. 24: Las Vegas MGM Grand main lobby, 11 a.m. PT: Press conference withWhite, Weidman and Silva. Free and open to the public, streamed live on UFC.com.
- Wednesday, Sept. 25: New York City UFC Gym, 5 p.m. ET: Autograph signing with Weidman and Silva for the first 300 fans.
- Thursday, Sept. 26: Bristol, Conn. ESPN Press Day
- Friday, Sept. 27: Miami Klipsch Ampitheater at Bayfront Park, 1 p.m. ET: Open workout with Weidman and Silva. Free and open to the public.
- Sunday, Sept. 29: Rio de Janeiro Clube dos Marimbás, 1 p.m. BRT: Q&A with White, Weidman and Silva. Free and open to the public.
- Monday, Sept. 30 Sao Paulo Press conference (location/details forthcoming) with White, Weidman and Silva. Streamed live on UFC.com.