Joe Warren Cleared To Fight Again, No Return Date Set
Posted by Joseph Lee on 09.17.2013
MMA Junkie reports that after an unknown medical problem caused Joe Warren (8-3 MMA, 6-2 BMMA) to be removed from a Bellator event earlier this month, he is now cleared to compete. He may even be a part of the promotion's season 9 featherweight tournament. The Mohegan Tribe Department of Athletic Regulation removed him from a database that tracks medically suspended fighters tonight. Michael Mazzuli, the Mohegan director of athletic regulation, said: "He's cleared to fight"
While Bellator is happy that he has been cleared, they could not provide a date for his return. Other sources ciam that he could fight Nick Kirk (10-2 MMA, 0-2 BMMA) in the opening round, which was a fight that was set previously. The fight may happen at Bellator 101 on September 27 from Portland, Oregon.
Warren was cleared after recieving a test that the commissions neurologist recommended he complete to make sure he could fight again. Mazzuil didn't know what could have caused the medical issue. A report earlier this month said a gym knockout was the problem. Warren was a coach on Bellator's Spike TV show Fight Master. He was set to fight Kirk at Bellator 98 (on September 7 at the Mohegan Sun Arena in Uncasville, Connecticut) before he was pulled. His most recent right was in November, when he beat Owen Evinger by decision. Before that, he was knocked out by Alexis Villa and Pat Curran.