411 Games Top 5 10.12.13: Top 5 Wanted Games Starring Secondary Characters
Posted by Sean Garmer on 10.12.2013
From Sub-Zero in Mortal Kombat and Frog in Chrono Trigger to 8-Ball in Grand Theft Auto III, Zelda in Legend of Zelda and more, the 411 staff count down the top 5 secondary video game characters who should get their own games!
Hello everyone, I hope it has been a good week for all the readers out there. Let's get on to the Games Top 5 shall weů
This week the 411 staff was asked to come up with lists for the Top 5 Secondary Characters Who Should Have Had Solo Video Games.
*We all have our favorite characters that maybe didn't get their time to shine in their own games. Some of those characters may have featured in games, but maybe they were crappy games on the game gear or on the PC. Also, most of the 411 staff lives in North America or the UK so I am going to disregard if one of these characters had a game that only came out in Japan. So, anyone that is not considered to be a main "hero" character can be on a list. So, that means main villains can be *
Todd Vote (Games Zone Reviewer)
5.Johnny Gat - Can you imagine how far up they would have to turn up the Saints Row insanity meter to feature Gat in his own game? It would be a fine line that would have to be towed in order to keep things from spilling into the completely ridiculous. I think you could do a prequel to the Saints games, and show just what made Gat the whack-job he is.
4.Sub-Zero & Smoke (Mortal Kombat) - I'm picking two characters from the MK universe. I don't want a repeat of that crappy MK Mythologies: Sub-Zero game. I'm talking more something along the lines of MK: Shaolin Monks. The game that featured Kung Lao and Liu Kang in an awesome co-op adventure. I'm surprised the team behind MK hasn't revisited this idea. use these guys, and give us a glimpse into the Lin Kuei clan.
3.8-Ball (GTA III) - One thing I like about Rockstar's GTA world is the way certain characters are always mentioned in other iterations of the game. Packy McCreary is in both GTA IV, and V. I think 8-Ball from GTA III would make an interesting protagonist for a game. Why him? Explosions! That, and he is one of the few characters I don't recall hearing anything about in other games.
2.Agustus Cole (Gears of War) - Still think maybe he should have been the focus of the Gears prequel. I know he was in the game, but he's always been my favorite character in the series, so this is more of a personal choice than anything else.
1.Doc Louis (Punch-Out) - There has to be a story for Doc, right? Nintendo is known for getting the most out of their original characters. Why not Doc?
Sean Garmer (Games Zone Reviewer, Regular Contributor to Cooperative Multiplayer 411 Games Podcast, Games Top 5 Organizer)
5. Zelda & Ganondorf: We've seen these characters in Super Smash Bros., but why not have them in a game that resembles "The Legend of Zelda" but Link and the Triforce have been captured by a bigger nemesis. So, Zelda makes some deal with Ganondorf to save the world. You could have it where you can switch out either character at any time and each one has powers that make them special and necessary to different parts of the game.
4. Meta Knight: A very important part of Kirby games throughout the years, including a special side story in "Kirby: Superstar Ultra" where you can play as him. I've never understood teasing us like that and never giving Meta Knight his proper due. But maybe one day Meta Knight will get his name on the front cover of a game.
3. Frog (Chrono Trigger): Probably my favorite character in Chrono Trigger because he had a depth to his character the others lacked. It would have been nice to be able to play his story in a side game as a sort of prequel to Chrono Trigger.
2. Tails: I always liked playing as Tails when other friends HAD TO BE Sonic. I know he got some Game Gear games on his own, but they were bollocks. His flying ability could have seen him have his own platforming adventure where he could save Sonic from Dr. Eggman.
1. Vivi The Black Mage from FF 9: I've always been a fan of being a Wizard or a Mage in RPG's or Gauntlet type games where the character is available. FF 9 gave us a little bit about Vivi's story and we eventually got to explore that their was some sort of Magic Wood where real Black Mages exist. But the end of FF 9 left me wondering, what happened to Vivi? And how does have a son? It would have been cool to have a game just controlling Vivi and seeing his story through.
Wrestling 2 the MAX Podcast. Go listen to episode 59 and tell us what you think at firstname.lastname@example.org this week we reviewed WWE Battleground, reviewed Monday's RAW, TNA IMPACT, and WWE NXT. We also talked about where WWE seems to be going heading into Survivor Series and if WWE is panicking bringing back John Cena too early.
If you are a fan of W2M make sure to listen live on Monday Nights at Midnight ET on Spreaker.com And you can always call-in at (972)-591-8620 And make sure you join our ever growing facebook group as well. W2M Facebook
We recently also started up a Sports and Entertainment podcast called "Football 2 Futbol." This week, we discussed World Cup Qualifying coming to a close and who will make the World Cup. We also gave our predictions for the rest of the Baseball Playoffs and made our NFL Week 6 Picks too.