Modern Warfare 3 Still Tops Feb. NPD
Posted by Adam Larck on 03.09.2012
Hardware and software sales down from 2011.
Not much changed from January to February in the NPD numbers.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 is still in the top spot. In fact, the only new IP in the Top 10 is Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning at No. 4. Reckoning sold 330,000 last month in the U.S. Twisted Metal also made the top 10 list as a February release.
In other new games in Feburary, Asura's Wrath sold 36,000 copies while Syndicate sold 34,000.
Overall, hardware sales went up from January 87 percent, with 25 percent of that from Vita sales. However, hardware and software sales combined totaled $1.06 billion, down from $1.33 billion in 2011.
Microsoft sold 426,000 360s, giving it the top console spot for the 14th month in a row. Nintendo, meanwhile, sold 228,000 Wiis, 262,000 3DS units and 135,000 DS units.
Finally, the Vita's top launch title was Uncharted: Golden Abyss, which was on the Top 20 list for the month. You can see the top 10 titles below.
1. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (360, PS3, Wii, PC)
2. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PS3, 360)
3. UFC Undisputed 3 (360, PS3)
4. Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360, PS3, PC)
5. Just Dance 3 (Wii, 360, PS3)
6. NBA 2K12 (360, PS3, PSP, Wii, PC, PS2)
7. SoulCalibur 5 (360, PS3)
8. Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (360, PS3, PC)
9. Twisted Metal 2012 (PS3)
10. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)