Darksiders 2 Tops August NPD Numbers
Posted by Adam Larck on 09.06.2012
Software sales lessen decline.
Software sales are starting to stabilize when compared to last year according to the NPD.
August software sales ended at $237.7 million, down nine percent from last year. Meanwhile, hardware sales are down 39 percent from August 2011, ending at $150.6 million. The 360 sold 190,000 units, making it the top platform. However, the PS3 and 3DS both increased sales from July 2011.
Accessories were also down only seven percent, ending at $127.3 million.
Leading the top 10 list was Darksiders 2, with New Super Mario Bros. 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance taking second and third. You can see the full list below.
1. Darksiders 2 (360, PS3, PC)
2. New Super Mario Bros 2 (3DS)
3. Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
4. NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)
5. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
6. Sleeping Dogs (360, PS3)
7. Transformers: Fall of Cybertron (360, PS3)
8. Batman: Arkham City (360, PS3, PC)
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops (360, PS3, NDS, Wii, PC)
10. The Amazing Spider-Man (360, PS3, NDS, 3DS, Wii)