Madden 13 Leads September NPD Numbers
Posted by Adam Larck on 10.12.2012
See the full list inside.
After being released in late August, Madden NFL 13 has taken the top spot on the September NPD numbers.
Coming in behind the football sim was Borderlands 2, topping the first game sales by 234 percent.
Overall sales were down by 13 percent from last year, but up 67 percent from last month.
On the console side, the 360 sold 270,000 units during the month and was the current top-selling console with a 49 percent market-share.
The 3DS saw software sales up 89 percent from last year, but combined 3DS and DS software sales were down 18 percent from last month.
You can see the top 10 list below. What's interesting is that Guild Wars 2 topped the latest WoW expansion, but keep in mind that this doesn't count digital sales.
1. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV)
2. Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC)
3. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, PSV, Wii, 3DS, PSP)
4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
5. Guild Wars 2 (PC)
6. NHL 13 (360, PS3)
7. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC)
8. NCAA Football 13 (360, PS3)
9. Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes (Wii, 360, NDS, PS3, 3DS, PSV, PC)
10. Battlefield 3 (360, PS3, PC)
comments powered by