Deadpool Gets a Mature Rating by ESRB
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 02.25.2013
The game will be for adults...
Good news for Deadpool fans: The Entertainment Software Ratings Board has officially given the Deadpool video game a Mature rating. The ESRB ratied the game as Mature for "Blood and Gore, Intense Violence, Mature Humor, Sexual Content, Strong Language."
Other details that contributed to the rating are as follows:
* Battles are frenetic and accompanied by screams of pain, gunfire, and large blood-splatter effects.
* Some attacks result in dismemberment or decapitations; body parts and bloodstains can be seen on the ground.
* Players can also employ stealth attacks, in which close-up camera angles depict more severe damage against enemies.
* Throughout the game, the protagonist provides irreverent commentary and jokes amidst the exaggerated acts of violence (e.g., "No guts no glory" when hanging from his entrails; "Oh that's gonna leave a mark" when dismembering an enemy; "That's because you have more comics than me" when repeatedly beating a character on the ground).
* The dialogue also contains mature humor, sexual material and innuendo
* Other instances of mature humor include an extended toilet scene and the pumping up of an inflatable doll.
The ESRB also has the game's synopsis, which reads as follows: "This is an action-adventure game based on characters from the Deadpool comic book franchise. Players assume the role of Deadpool, a mercenary on a mission to hunt down and capture an evil millionaire. As players traverse enemy strongholds, they use an assortment of melee weapons (swords, sais, giant hammers) and firearms (pistols, machine guns, shotguns) to kill human soldiers and mutant enemies."
The game releases later this year for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC.