Release Date and Pre-Order Bonus Announced for Sid Meier’s Civilization: Beyond Earth
Posted by Jeffrey Harris on 07.03.2014
Get the Exoplanets Map Pack for free…
2K and Firaxis Games officially announced today that Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth will be released globally for PC on October 24 for $49.99. In addition, the game will also be released on Mac and Linux by Aspyr Media.
Pre-order bonuses were also detailed for the release. Players who pre-order the game will receive the Exoplanets Map Pack for free. The pack includes six new maps that were inspired by real planets beyond our solar system.
Here are details on the additional planets for the map pack:
* Kepler 186f: This lush forest planet is one of the oldest known Earth-like planets;
* Rigil Khantoris Bb: Orbiting the closest star to our solar system, the historical records of this arid continental planet's settlement are well-preserved;
* Tau Ceti d: This planet of seas and archipelagos features a booming biodiversity and a wealth of resources;
* Mu Arae f: Tidally locked in orbit around a weak star, the southern hemisphere of this planet is a blistering desert where the sun never sets, while the northern hemisphere is perpetually in frozen darkness;
* 82 Eridani e: An alien world of scarce water and wracked by tectonic forces;
* Eta Vulpeculae b: A mysterious new discovery with unknown terrain.
2K Games also released a new gameplay video, which you can check out in the player below: