[Movies] What Film Ads Will Be Shown During Super Bowl XLVII?
Posted by Larry Csonka on 01.29.2013
Find out what to expect...
- Here is the breakdown for movie ads during this year's Super Bowl. Ads are now costing $4 million for 30 seconds during the game.
* Paramount Pictures is preparing to show a new 30-second spot for World War Z during the pre-game, as well as a 30-second spot for J.J. Abrams' Star Trek Into Darkness during the second quarter of the game
* Universal Pictures will release the first footage from Fast & Furious 6 in a 30 second TV spot.
* Disney will show an ad for Oz The Great and Powerful, a 60-second spot for Iron Man 3, and a 90-second spot for The Lone Ranger.
* Warner Bros. and 20th Century Fox have both opted to sit out the game, so that means no spots for Man of Steel or The Wolverine.
* Sony is also skipping the Super Bowl so no spots for Evil Dead and Elysium.
* Lionsgate hasn't commented on buying commercial time.
* Of note, studios that do not buy ad time during the game traditionally buy ad time during the long pre-game festivities.