[Movies] Cover Art And Special Features Revealed For Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Posted by Joseph Lee on 04.17.2013
Coming this summer...
Superhero Hype reports that Warner Boos. Home Entertainment has revealed the cover art and bonus features for Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox.
The film is produced by DC Entertainment and Warner Bros. Animation. It is rated PG-13 and will be released on Blu-ray ($24.98), DVD ($19.98) and Digital Download on July 30. The Blu-ray Combo Pack will include UltraViolet.
Here's a synopsis: When time travel allows a past wrong to be righted for Flash and his family, the event's temporal ripples prove disastrous, creating a fractured, alternate reality where the Justice League never formed, and even Superman is nowhere to be found. Amidst a new world being ravaged by a fierce war between Wonder Woman's Amazons and Aquaman's Atlanteans, Flash must team with a grittier, more violent Batman and government agent Cyborg to restore the continuity of Flash's original timeline.
Mary Ellen Thomas, Warner Home Video Vice President of Family, Animation and Partner Brands Marketing, said: "Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox has all the elements of another great film – dynamic forceful villains, treacherous twists and turns and internal tensions amongst heroes. Showcasing a cast that brings together some of today's popular primetime television actors with many fans' favorite voices from the original series, Warner Bros. Home Entertainment is proud to release this title as the next DC Universe Animated Original Movie."
The voice cast includes Justin Chambers as The Flash, Kevin McKidd as the alternate reality Batman, Michael B. Jordan as Cyborg, C. Thomas Howell as Professor Zoom, Cary Elwes as Aquaman, Vanessa Marshall as Wonder Woman, Sam Daly as Superman, Ron Perlman as Slade and Danny Huston as General Lane. Kevin Conroy, Dana Delany and Nathan Fillion reprise their roles as Batman, Lois Lane and Green Lantern, respectively.
The film was written by Jim Krieg based on the miniseries Flashpoint by Geoff Johns and Andy Kubert. Jay Olivia (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns) directs and James Tucker (Superman: Unbound) will produce.
Special features on the blu-ray release include:
- A Flash in Time: Are there other dimensions? Can time travel get us there? And if The Flash existed, could he really travel through time? Interviews with experts in mythology, theoretical physics and top DC writers will examine the science and legacy of the storytelling behind the fiction.
- My Favorite Villians! The Flash Bad Guys: Acclaimed DC Comics writer Geoff Johns and others share their favorite Flash villains in this short film that gives viewers a glimpse into the Flash's world through the eyes of some of the nefarious characters he has encountered over the past 70 years!
- A Sneak Peek at the next DC Universe animated movie:. An in-depth look into the next DC Animated feature film, spotlighting the cast and crew.
- From the DC Comics Vault: Bonus cartoon episodes
- The Flashpoint Paradox Audio Commentary