[Movies] Paul Greengrass Denies Fifth Bourne Film With Matt Damon..
Posted by Joseph Lee on 09.04.2013
He's moved on..
In an interview with Empire, Paul Greengrass said that there will not be a fifth Bourne starring Matt Damon...at least not with him on board as a director. Bourne 5 has been rumored for some time, with speculation that he and Damon would return.
When asked where the rumors started, he replied: "I've absolutely no idea. I'm not being funny but, no, that's just a figment of someone's imagination."
Universal also denied rumor of a third Bourne film from the team of Greengrass and Damon last week.
When asked if the topic comes up in conversation with Damon, and if he wanted to make another, he said: "Quite a while ago. We might have a laugh about it, but a serious conversation? Not for a long time. Um... listen, I loved the Bourne movies. I loved making them but it's like anything in life, you've got to move on and do different things."
Meanwhile, he will reveal his new film Captain Phillips at the BFI London Film Festival, where it will open the West End event. It will then have a US release on October 11 and a UK release on October 18. He will be the first British director to open the festival since Kevin MacDonald in 2006. He called it a "tremendous honor" and a "real thrill".