[non-news] 411 Looking For Comics 8 Ball Writer!
Posted by Chad Webb on 09.12.2013
If you want to write about comics for the 411 Movie-Zone, now is your chance!
We're looking for some new writers in the Movie-Zone! We need a new writer to take over the Comics 8 Ball column! 411 is one of the most popular websites of its kind, attracting millions per month. Writing on 411 also opens up doors for those interested in progressing as writers.
Please note the following:
• Writing for 411 is no joke. It takes time (often a lot of time) and work (often a lot of work). We take this very seriously and so should you. Don't apply unless you are serious and plan to stick around.
• Be professional! Spell and grammar check anything you submit, EVEN SAMPLES. We are a globally recognized site and try to uphold professionalism.
• Be original! Do not copy established styles. We want someone new. Someone who can add something to the site that we don't currently have. Be yourself!
• Follow instructions! If you don't follow the application process as outlined below, you likely will be eliminated right away.
The available spots:
TO APPLY FOR ONE OF THE POSITIONS BELOW PLEASE EMAIL ALL OF THE FOLLOWING:
Chad Webb: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ashish Pabari: email@example.com
Jeremy Thomas: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Comics 8 Ball Columnist - We are looking for a new writer that would submit a new comics related list column every week. Be original. Think outside the box.
*The above example is what a regular Movies 8 Ball looks like. Your submissions should reflect that style, but instead of movies as the topics it would be comic books.
• Send your emails ONLY to the people listed.
• Include at least ONE FULL sample review of the show you wish to write for.
• DO NOT attach ANYTHING to your emails. We are virus paranoid and WILL NOT open emails with attachments. Include samples IN the actual email.
• Do not send us links to samples. Include the samples IN the actual email.
• Title your email "411 MOVIE-ZONE APPLICATION" or "411 TV SHOW APPLICATION: INSERT SHOW TITLE HERE"
• Do not send us more than one email. Include EVERYTHING in one email. We expect tons of emails and do not want extra emails.