[Movies] Tom Cruise's Character Called A 'Coward' In Edge of Tomorrow Posted by Joseph Lee on 03.04.2014
Highlights from a Q&A...
IGN reports that director Doug Liman screened twenty minutes of footage from Edge of Tomorrow in London today.
Tom Cruise sci-fi flick Edge of Tomorrow hits screens in a couple of months, but director Doug Liman previewed 20 minutes of footage from the film in London earlier today. The film is based on the novel All You Need Is Kill by Hiroshi Sakurazaka and stars Tom Cruise as a soldier who becomes trapped in a fatal time loop.
Here are highlights of the Q&A:
- Liman wanted a film that is a "big" Hollywood movie but also an original concept.
- Cruise's character is kind of a coward in the film and will squeal several times.
- The highlight of the shoot was landing a large military helicopter in Trafalgar Square.
- Liman never wanted to call the movie All You Need Is Kill. He called it that on set until a better title was found.
- Emily Blunt was the only actress considered for Rita Vrataski.
- Principal photography took place in and around London. The weather made shooting a film that repeats the same day over and over challenging.
- The film contains a lot of humor. Liman said Cruise is "a great comedic actor."