[TV] Cast Set For History's Miniseries Texas Rising Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 03.12.2014
It'll star Bill Paxton, Brendan Fraser and more...
History has announced the cast for their upcoming miniseries Texas Rising. The A+E Studios and ITV Studios America production will be eight hours and include the following cast:
* Bill Paxton as Sam Houston, the father of Texas.
* Brendan Fraser as Billy Anderson, a Texas Ranger with Comanche Indian ties.
* Ray Liotta as Lorca, an Alamo survivor seeking brutal revenge.
* Jeffrey Dean Morgan as "Deaf" Smith, a deaf and grizzled veteran Texas Ranger with an advanced case of consumption.
* Thomas Jane as James Wykoff, a homesteader who finds himself living in the middle of hostile Indian territory.
* Olivier Martinez as President General Antonio Lopez de Santa Anna, the tyrant dictator of Mexico.
* Chad Michael Murray as Mirabeau Lamar, a spirited Texas soldier who helps win the battle of San Jacinto.
* Michael Rapaport as Sgt. Ephraim Knowles, a would-be deserter and coward turned hero.
* Max Thieriot as Jack Hays, a volunteer freedom fighter who becomes the youngest Texas Ranger.
More stars are set to be announced down the line.
In 1836, if west of the Mississippi was considered the Wild West then Texas was hell on earth. Crushed from the outside by Mexican armadas and attacked from within by ferocious Comanche tribes – no one was safe. But this was a time of bravery, a time to die for what you believed in and a time to stand tall against the cruel rule of the Mexican General Santa Anna. From General Sam Houston, to rag tag Rangers to the legendary "Yellow Rose of Texas" - this is a story of the human spirit rising in the face of insurmountable odds and claiming a piece of history for all eternity.