FOX Chairman Reveals Sleepy Hollow to Get 18 Episodes Next Season
Posted by Joseph Lee on 05.12.2014
And details on other shows...
During a conference call with reporters, TVLine reports that FOX Chairman Kevin Reilly revealed details of several FOX shows airing in 2014-15. Here are highlights:
- American Idol will have a "more streamlined" format. It will debut with its usual twice-a-week format during audition rounds before going to a "two-hour show on one night" for the rest of the season. The three judges from the last season are also likely to return. Reilly said: "We believe [Idol] will be on the air for many years to come."
- Season two of Sleepy Hollow will get eighteen episodes. The episodes will air mostly without interruption.
- Glee's sixth and final season may have less than the originally planned 22 episodes. Reilly said: "We're going to sit down and talk [to exec producer Ryan Murphy] about how to end the show and how many that is."
- Gracepoint, the remake of the UK series Broadchurch, will have a different ending than the original series. This could mean a different killer.
- Ending the Animation Domination lineup for Sundays by adding live action sitcoms Brooklyn Nine-Nine and Mulaney is FOX "going back to our [Sunday] roots". The network used to air sitcoms on Sundays including Married with Children, Malcolm in the Middle and That ‘70s Show.