TNT Developing Firestarter Sequel As A Series
Posted by Joseph Lee on 05.14.2014
It will follow an adult Charlie...
TV Line reports that TNT not only revealed a new logo and tagline ("TNT Drama. Boom.") at the network upfront presentation, but announced they are working on a "a dynamic portfolio of thrilling genre fare" that includes a follow-up to Stephen King's Firestarter called The Shop.
Here's a synopsis: This supernatural thriller centers on the titular organization that once exploited the pyrokinetic abilities of a young girl named Charlie McGee. Twenty years after bringing The Shop to its knees, Charlie has been tracked down by one of its former members, Henry Talbot, who reveals that The Shop is alive and badder than ever, unleashing terrifying new entities into the world. It's now up to Talbot, Charlie and others like her to find The Shop and destroy it for good.
Here are some of the other projects in development:
- An adaptation of Ed McBain's 87th Precinct, one of the longest-running crime series ever published. It will be produced by Donnie Wahlberg.
- President X, a conspiracy thriller from Greg Berlanti (Arrow) and Nick Wootton (Prison Break). It follows a President of the United States who wakes up from a 13-month coma and is removed from his job. He then investigates who tried to kill him.
- Fix-It Men, which features "a team of individuals is sent back in time from 2027 to disrupt a series of events that will lead to a cataclysmic war in the future –- but then something goes wrong, trapping them in 2014 Vancouver Manhattan."
- Kali, based on a French web series, follows "a young woman who awakens on a train with no memory of who she is or how she got there, and who then discovers that a chip has been implanted in her brain to transform her into a human weapon — one which two warring entities are fighting over."
- Breed is a supernatural drama about a race of creatures who are murdering people in the Pacific Northwest. An FBI investigator reluctantly teams up with a female assassin to find them.
- Anonymous follows a former Special Ops soldier who has to go "off the grid" when he discovers a global cover-up. He begins to help those who "cannot help themselves."