Harrison Ford To Miss Eight Weeks Of Filming On Star Wars: Episode VII Posted by Joseph Lee on 06.16.2014
After he injured his ankle...
The Mirror reports (and The Hollywood Reporter confirms) that Harrison Ford will miss eight weeks of filming on Star Wars: Episode VII due to a broken ankle. The accident happened on set Thursday. He was injured by the door of the Millennium Falcon set and rushed to the hospital.
A source said: "The initial day or two after the accident it was hard to move things around but now we have had more time we can juggle things, bring some scenes forward and push others back. There are lots of other actors in the movie so it is not a disaster. We are still confident the film can stay on schedule. At the moment it looks like Harrison is going to be off set for 6-8 weeks but the main priority is making sure he is OK."
A spokesman for the film said they were "hoping to announce some good news soon." It's now believed that the film will still be able to make its release date of December 18, 2015, even with Ford's injury.
Ford will return as Han Solo for the film, along with the Falcon. He joins a cast that includes Carrie Fisher, Mark Hamill, Anthony Daniels, Peter Mayhew, Kenny Baker John Boyega, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, Oscar Isaac, Andy Serkis, Domhnall Gleeson, Lupita Nyong'o and Max von Sydow. JJ Abrams is directing. The film started shooting last month in London and Abu Dhabi.
In March, Disney CEO Bob Iger said it would be thirty years after what happened in 1983's Return of the Jedi.