Bourne 5 Reportedly Delayed Because of Matt Damonís Rumored Return
Posted by Joseph Lee on 06.20.2014
He may have agreed to come back...
Latino Review reports that the reason Bourne 5 has been delayed is because Matt Damon has agreed to return and play Jason Bourne.
He's previously said he wouldn't do the film if Paul Greengrass wasn't directing. He told CNBC last month: "I've always been open to it if Paul Greengrass is the director. We've just never been able to come up with a story. So if any of your viewers have a story, please call Universal and submit it. It felt like such a good way to end it the last time... But having said that, I love that character and I'd love to see what happened to him."
We previously reported that the film was moved back to July 15, 2016 (now competing with Ice Age 5) because Universal gave its August 14, 2015 date to the NWA biopic Straight Outta Compton. That's probably still true, but the main reason is because director Justin Lin has convinced Damon to return.
With Jeremy Renner already confirmed to be back as Aaron Cross, if these rumors are true then it means we'll get the Cross/Bourne team-up that had been rumored ever since The Bourne Legacy was released.