DC Comics Announces Batman 75th Anniversary Comic-Con Lineup
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 07.10.2014
A lot is planned for the Dark Knight...
DC Entertainment has announced their plans for the seventy-fifth anniversary of Batman at Comic-Con International. The company's slate celebrating the Dark Knight's longevity include panels with some of the great creative minds behind him over the years, a panel for Batman: The Complete Television Series and more. Check out the details below:
* Batman 75: Legends of The Dark Knight – In celebration of Batman's 75-year history, join comic icons Frank Miller, Grant Morrison, DCE Co-Publisher and renowned Batman artist Jim Lee (Batman: Hush), DCE Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns (Batman: Earth One), current Batman creative team, writer Scott Snyder and artist Greg Capullo, along with vintage superstar Batman team writer Denny O'Neill and artist Neal Adams in an in-depth discussion on the legendary character's explosive adventures in comics both past and present. Thursday 3:30-4:30pm Room 6BCF
* Batman 75th Anniversary – Delve into how Batman has been brought to life in comics, TV, movies and video games with Lee, Johns, Batman '66 Meets the Green Hornet co-writer and KROQ radio personality Ralph Garman, the legendary voice of Batman Kevin Conroy (Batman: The Animated Series, Batman: Arkham Knight), producer and writer Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series), and Peter Girardi, Senior Vice President, Creative Affairs, Warner Bros Animation. Saturday 4-5:00pm Room 6BCF
* Celebrate the long-awaited home entertainment debut of Batman: The Complete Television Series with a can't-miss panel featuring Batman on-screen legends Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar. Thursday 6-7pm Hall H
* For the supreme Batman fan experience, DC Entertainment's interactive 4,500 square foot booth (#1915) will hold costumes donned by those who famously brought the legendary hero to life on film including Michael Keaton, Val Kilmer, George Clooney, and Christian Bale. Plus, the booth will host signings with top talent including Jim Lee, Geoff Johns, John Romita Jr., Scott Snyder, Greg Capullo and more, along with a full slate of free giveaways, fan events and on-stage demonstrations.
* Attend the world premiere of Warner Bros. Television and FOX's upcoming show Gotham during the star-studded "A Night of DC Entertainment" Hall H panel on Saturday evening from 8:00–11:00 p.m. Gotham tells the origin story of some of DC Comics' greatest Super-Villains and vigilantes, following Detective Jim Gordon's rise to power in a dangerously corrupt city that would spawn iconic characters such as The Penguin, Catwoman, The Riddler and a young Bruce Wayne. The Gotham premiere is part of the action-packed three-hour WBTV/DC Entertainment panel that will also highlight Arrow, The Flash and Constantine, with Arrow star Stephen Amell serving as master of ceremonies. Saturday 8-11pm Hall H
* Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and DC Entertainment will celebrate the 75th anniversary of Batman at Comic-Con by unveiling life-size recreations of The Dark Knight's iconic cowl headpiece and cape from the upcoming "Batman: Arkham Knight" videogame in the Hard Rock Hotel's Legends Room. The Dark Knight's iconic mantle will be re-imagined by top artists and celebrities including Zack Snyder (Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice), Mister Cartoon, Buff Monster, Zso (Sara Blake), Apex, Michael Hsiung, Will Arnett (The Lego Movie) Jeff Lemire and Ivan Reis. The "Cape/Cowl/Create" exhibition will be open to the public Friday through Sunday. Exhibit hours are 12-7pm on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
* Join the cast and creators of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment's highly anticipated world premiere of Batman: Assault on Arkham animated film including the definitive voice of Batman, Kevin Conroy. Based on the best-selling video game series, Batman: Arkham, this action-packed film takes place between the Batman: Arkham Origins video game and Batman: Arkham Asylum video game. Friday 7-9:00pm Ballroom 20
* Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and TT Games present an inside look at LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham with an animated panel discussion featuring exclusive first look at new gameplay, content reveals and announcements by TT Games Game Director Arthur Parsons and Executive Producer Phill Ring, along with a stellar line-up of voice talent from the game. LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham will also be playable for consumer hands-on throughout the show. Sunday 1-2 pm Room 6BCF
* Join the writers and artists behind current Batman universe titles including Batman team Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo, Marc Andreyko (Batwoman), Brian Buccellato (Detective Comics), Pat Gleason (Batman and Robin), Greg Pak (Batman/Superman), and Peter Tomasi (Batman and Robin) for a special panel to discuss what's in store for the World's Greatest Detective.