Macklemore And Ryan Lewis Spend Sixth Week On Top Of Billboard Digital Songs Chart
Posted by Joseph Lee on 02.20.2013
Best sales week yet...
Billboard reports for a sixth week in a row, Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' song "Thrift Shop" (featuring Wanz) is #1 on the Digital Songs chart with its best sales week yet (412,000 downloads).
At #2 is Rihanna's "Stay" (featuring Mikky Ekko), which climbs 25-2 with 306,000, up 358%. The song recently had a music video for it released and was performed at the Grammy Awards. At #3 is the viral song "Harlem Shake" by Baauer, which was released in June but didn't began selling a lot until a week ago when the meme became popular.
Justin Timberlake's new song "Mirrors" comes into the top ten at #9 with 163,000 downloads. The song is from his upcoming album The 20/20 Experience and was available as a stand-alone track purchase or a download after a customer pre-ordered the album.
1. Macklemore & Ryan Lewis (ft. Wanz) - "Thrift Shop" (412,000)
2. Rihanna (ft. Mikky Ekko) - "Stay" (306,000)
3. Baauer - "Harlem Shake" (262,000)
4. Bruno Mars - "When I Was Your Man" (217,000)
5. Justin Timberlake (ft. Jay-Z) - "Suit & Tie" (201,000)
6. The Lumineers - "Ho Hey" (192,000)
8. Drake - "Started From the Bottom" (168,000)
9. Justin Timberlake - "Mirrors" (163,000)
10. Will.I.Am (ft. Britney Spears) - "Scream & Shout" (158,000)
Mostly thanks to the Grammy Awards, all top sixteen tracks on the chart this week sold over 100,000. This is the first time this has happened outside of holiday weeks since last April, when Easter did the same thing.
Digital track sales totaled 29.43 million downloads, down 8% compared to last week (32.28 million) and down 9% compared to last year (32.23 million). Year to date track sales are at 200.41 million, down 1% compared to the same total at this point last year (202.78 million).