www.411mania.com
|  News |  Album Reviews |  Columns |  News Report |  Hall Of Fame |
SPOTLIGHTS  SPOTLIGHTS
MOVIES/TV
// Ben Kingsley Has His Own Idea About Iron Man 3's Mandarin
MUSIC
// Homeless Man Who Accepted MTV VMA For Miley Cyrus Wanted By Police
WRESTLING
// Click HERE To Join 411ís LIVE TNA Impact Coverage
MMA
// UFC Hall of Famer Stephan Bonnar Signs With Bellator Fighting Championships
GAMES
// WWE 2K15 Producer Talks About New 'Beard Tech' To Get Daniel Bryan Right


CD REVIEWS  CD REVIEWS
//  Opeth - Pale Communion Review
//  Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood Review [2]
//  Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood Review
//  The Gaslight Anthem - Get Hurt Review
//  Godsmack - 1000hp Review
//  Shabazz Palaces - Lese Majesty Review
 HOT ARTISTS
//  Kanye West
//  Rihanna
//  Nicki Minaj
//  Lil Wayne
//  Lady GaGa
SYNDICATE  SYNDICATE



411mania RSS Feeds





Follow 411mania on Twitter!




Add 411 On Facebook
 


 
 411mania » Music » News

Advertisement
Slayer Drummer Dave Lombardo Leaves The Band
Posted by Joseph Lee on 02.22.2013



NME reports that Dave Lombardo is no longer the drummer for Slayer after a contract dispute. He will not be a part of their Australian tour (which starts tomorrow). Lombardo is a founding member of the band.

He wrote in a statement on Facebook: "Last year, I discovered 90 per cent of Slayer's tour income was being deducted as expenses including the professional fees paid to management, costing the band millions of dollars and leaving 10 per cent or less to split amongst the four of us. In my opinion, this is not the way a band's business should operate. On Thursday, I arrived at rehearsals at 1pm as scheduled, but Kerry [King, guitarist] did not show. Rather, at 6:24 pm I received an email from the lawyers saying I was being replaced for the Australian dates. I remain hopeful that we can resolve our issues. But once again, I sincerely apologize to all of our fans in Australia who spent their money expecting to see the three of us original Slayer members."

His replacement will be Jon Dette, who played with the band several times as Lombardo took time away from the band between 1992 and 2002. The band haven't said if Lombardo's exit is a permanent one. King recently announced the band wrote 11 songs for a new album.





MUST-READ 411 STORIES:

The 10 Best Simpsons Episodes

10 DC Characters That Need Video Games

Latest New Walking Dead S5 Teaser


comments powered by Disqus












www.41mania.com
Copyright (c) 2011 411mania.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
Click here for our privacy policy. Please help us serve you better, fill out our survey.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to our terms of use.