The White Stripes To Release 10th Anniversary Edition Of Elephant For Record Store Day
Posted by Joseph Lee on 03.02.2013
Plus take a look at Warner Bros plans for the day...
Pitchfork has details on several albums being released for Record Store Day, which takes place April 20. The day celebrates independent music stores with special vinyl releases.
Warner Bros, a sponsor of the day, has special releases from Flaming Lips, Black Keys, Iron & Wine, Foals, Tegan and Sara, Surfer Blood and more. Here are details:
- The Flaming Lips will release their 1997 album Zaireeka. The album comes on four discs that are meant to be played at the same time on colored 12" vinyl with new art.
- Iron & Wine will release a 7" single with two new songs: "Next to Paradise" and "Dirty Ocean". Neither will be on their new album.
- The Black Keys' cover of the Stooges 1969 song "No Fun" will be released on 7" vinyl with the original song on the B-side.
- Foals will release their new album Holy Fire on vinyl. It comes with a 7" with "Bluebird" and a Friendly Fires remix of "My Number".
- Built to Spill will reissue their 2000 live album on vinyl and CD.
- Tegan and Sara will put together ten remixes of their Heartthrob single "Closer" on 12" vinyl with remixes from Yeasayer, Chris Walla, Morgan Page, and more.
- Surfer Blood will release "Demon Dance" from their album Pythons on 7" vinyl with the previously unreleased track "Slow Six".
Meanwhile, Jack White's Third Man Records will release the 10th Anniversary vinyl reissue of of The White Stripes' Elephant. On LP of the double LP set will be split-color black and red. The other LP will be white.