Michael Jackson's Drug Use Detailed In Opening Day Of Civil Trial
Posted by Joseph Lee on 04.30.2013
He fooled everyone...
Billboard reports that yesterday was the opening day of the Michael Jackson trial and his previous drug use was detailed. Here are highlights:
- AEG Attorney Marvin S. Putnam said AE didn't know about his drug use. He said: "The truth is, Michael Jackson fooled everyone. He made sure that no one, nobody, knew his deepest darkest secrets."
- Putnam then showed jurors emails between AEG executives about Jackson's health and their worry that he wouldn't be able to perform 50 concerts in London.
- Putnam said of the drug that killed Jackson: "One thing became very, very clear. While the world may not have heard of propofol, Mr. Jackson certainly had. The evidence is going to show you that he had been using that drug for years and years."
- He also said Jackson managed to hide his drug use from everyone. He added: "Mr. Jackson got very, very, good at hiding his addiction. He didn't let anyone see it. Not his staff, not his children. This was the private Michael Jackson."
- A March 2009 email was shown before a news conference with Jackson, in which AEG Live CEO Randy Phillips wrote to Tim Leiweke, former CEO of AEG's parent company. He said Jackson was drunk and refusing to address fans. He added: "This is the scariest thing I have ever seen. He is an emotionally paralyzed mess riddled with self-loathing and doubt now that it's show time. He's scared to death."