The Beatles' Help! Coming To Blu-Ray
Posted by Joseph Lee on 05.16.2013
Get all the details...
Billboard reports that almost 48 years after its theatrical release, the Beatles' second film Help! (1965) will be released on Blu-ray in June. It will have the digitally-restored film and 5.1 soundtrack along with an hour of extras, including a 30-minute documentary on the making of the film, memories of the cast and crew, a look at the restoration process, a deleted scene, and original theatrical trailers and radio spots.
There will also be an introduction by the film's director, Richard Lester, and an appreciation from Martin Scorsese in the Blu-ray booklet. It will be released on June 21 in in Australia, June 24 in Europe and June 25 in North America.
The film was previously restored for its 2007 DVD release, which had five-times platinum sales in the US. It follows the 2012 release of Yellow Submarine and Magical Mystery Tour on Blu-ray, DVD and iTunes.
Here are the extras:
- "The Beatles in Help!" a 30-minute documentary about the making of the film with Richard Lester, the cast and crew, including exclusive behind-the-scenes footage of The Beatles on-set.
- "A Missing Scene" a film outtake, featuring Wendy Richard.
- "The Restoration of Help!" an in-depth look at the restoration process.
- "Memories of Help!" the cast and crew reminisce.
- 1965 Theatrical Trailers two original U.S. trailers and one original Spanish trailer.
- 1965 U.S. Radio Spots (hidden in disc menus).