Conrad Murray Reveals That Michael Jackson Hired Him, Not AEG
Posted by Joseph Lee on 08.23.2013
In a voice mail...
TMZ reports that Conrad Murray has left a voice mail on a friend's answering machine in which he says that Michael Jackson, not AEG Live, hired him as his physician. If it were testimony in the wrongful death trial, it may actually sink the Jackson family's entire case, as they claim that AEG Live were the ones who negligently hired Murray.
Here are highlights:
- He said that Michael personally offered him the job of being his doctor on the This Is It tour.
- AEG wanted to hire a doctor that was less expensive, but Jackson wanted Murray.
- AEG never ordered Murray to give any specific medical treatment, and all requests came from Jackson.
- AEG did not know about the medical treatment Jackson was getting.
- Jackson hated AEG and called them "snakes".
- Jackson also didn't like This Is It producer/director Kenny Ortega. He said Ortega had no idea how much he was hurting Jackson with the pace of rehearsals.
- Jackson claimed that during the Jackson 5 Pay for View project, Joe (called Papa Bear) demanded $1 million, Katherine (Mama Bear) wanted $1 million and each brother wanted $500,000.