Full Details Revealed For Jack White's Lazaretto Ultra LP
Posted by Joseph Lee on 05.06.2014
Billboard reports that Jack White's Third Man Records is set to release a special "Ultra LP" vinyl version of his next solo album Lazaretto. The album will be released on June 10 from Third Man/Columbia.
Here are the features:
- 180 gram vinyl
- 2 vinyl-only hidden tracks hidden beneath the center labels
- 1 hidden track plays at 78 RPM and 1 plays at 45 RPM, making this a three-speed record
- Side A plays from the outside in
- Dual-groove technology: plays an electric or acoustic intro for "Just One Drink" depending on where needle is dropped. The grooves meet for the body of the song.
- Matte finish on side B, giving the appearance of an un-played 78 RPM record
- Both sides end with locked grooves
- Vinyl pressed in seldom-used flat-edged format
- Dead wax area on side A contains a hand-etched hologram by Tristan Duke of Infinity Light Science, the first of its kind on a vinyl record
- Absolutely zero compression used during recording, mixing and mastering
- Different running order from the CD/digital version
- Utilizes some mixes different from those used on CD/digital versions
You can see a video below as White and Ben Blackwell talk about and show off the features of the Ultra LP release. The Ultra LP and Vault versions of the album contain all of the features, as well as an MP3 download card. Pre-orders for the album begin today.