www.411mania.com
|  News |  Columns |  TV Reports |  Video Reviews |  Title History |  Hall of Fame |  News Report |  The Dunn List |
SPOTLIGHTS  SPOTLIGHTS
MOVIES/TV
// The 10 Worst Justice League Members of All Time
MUSIC
// Nicki Minaj's Crazy 'Anaconda' Video Is Here & It's Booty-Filled
WRESTLING
// Full WWE Smackdown Taping Results (SPOILERS)
MMA
// Ryan Bader: Forever a Gatekeeper
GAMES
// Four Player Co-op: Has Sony hit on a good idea with PS Share Play?




 HOT TOPICS
//  CM Punk
//  John Cena
//  Triple H
//  Hulk Hogan
//  Randy Orton
//  Christian
SYNDICATE  SYNDICATE



411mania RSS Feeds





Follow 411mania on Twitter!




Add 411 On Facebook
 


 
 411mania » Wrestling » News

Advertisement
UPDATEDx2: New England Championship Wrestling Shuts Down
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 11.08.2010



UPDATED x2: Here is some more on the closing of New England Championship Wrestling. To add to the last update, the decision to go on television via Comcast Sportsnet New England ended up badly for the company. The show was originally supposed to air in the Comcast Sportsnet's main cable network in the area, but after the series got attention in Boston newspapers, Comcast decided that they had issues with the content of the show. The show was then placed on the network's video on demand service, where it was seen by only a small fraction of the originally intended audience. The show did good VOD numbers, but live attendance began to drop, and that is where things started to get bad for the company.

As for his partners breaking away to restart the PWF, promoter Sheldon Goldberg was not aware of their plans until after he made the call to shut down the company. Along with the five weeks of TV that were shot, "best of" episodes will also run to fill the void until their contract expires in December.

Credit: Pwinsider.com


UPDATE: Sheldon Goldberg, the promoter for NECW, told the talent last night that the promotion was shutting down for now at least. He said that two of his partners have broken away to restart the PWF, which merged with NECW four years ago. He said the company's been losing money since then and a TV deal that would have been their big break fell apart.

"After doing this for a little over ten years straight without a break, it's time to step back," he said. "The world has changed and promoting independent wrestling is becoming more and more difficult."

There are five weeks of TV that were shot last night, which will air on their local Comcast on Demand until the contract expires in December.

Credit: Wrestling Observer

ORIGINAL: Following its show in Quincy, Massachusetts this past Saturday, New England Championship Wrestling officially shut down. The promotion had been active and running shows for ten years.

Credit: PWInsider





MUST-READ 411 STORIES:

The 10 Worst Justice League Members

Ryan Bader: Forever a Gatekeeper

411 Remembers Robin Williams


comments powered by Disqus





www.41mania.com
Copyright (c) 2011 411mania.com, LLC. All rights reserved.
Click here for our privacy policy. Please help us serve you better, fill out our survey.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to our terms of use.