WWE News: Update on WrestleMania 29, Randy Orton Going Heel, More
Posted by Larry Csonka on 09.06.2012
More news on a busy day…
- CM Punk is said to be pleased with his recent heel turn. The feeling was that Punk did well as the company's #2 babyface behind John Cena, but that with Cena's "superhero appeal," Punk would be more valuable as a top villain.
- Randy Orton still wants to work as a heel. Word is that WWE isn't comfortable with Sheamus being able to carry the load on SmackDown as the top babyface, and that is why WWE hasn't turned Orton heel at this time.
- WWE is still planning on the Triple H vs. Brock Lesnar rematch taking place at WrestleMania 29.
- WWE is also considering having John Cena vs. Rock II at the PPV, but may have that match take place at the Royal Rumble.
- WWE is said to be aware that the top 2 matches at WrestleMania 29 being rematches could hurt the show's buyrate.