I had floor seats. The whole top section was empty, but the rest of the arena was pretty full. This was my first house show since they added a stage. I like it. It makes it seem more like a TV taping.
1. Justin Gabriel and the Uso Brothers defeated Yoshi Tatsu and the Prime Time Players. A good 15 minute match. The Prime Time Players were surprisingly entertaining from ringside. Small "millions of dollars" chant. I about died when Yoshi did the millions of dollars dance with them. Gabriel pinned Young with the 450 splash.
2. Tyson Kidd beat Heath Slater. An okay, fast paced match. A lot of young males in my section like me and we had a "one man band" chant going. Tyson is entertaining and I wish they had a feud for him.
3. Natalya defeated Aksana. Boring match. Aksana had no heat. Natalya won with the Sharpshooter.
4. Sin Cara and Rey Mysterio defeated Cody Rhodes and The Miz. Huge pop for Rey. Rhodes and Miz played to the crowd for a while. Cody and Miz took turns beating up Sin Cara. It all led to a hot tag that brought in Rey and the Miz. Rey hit a couple flying moves on the Miz which ended with him in the ropes. Cody went to help and Rey hit a huracarana, which put him next to Miz. Rey hit a double 619 and pinned Miz for the win.
5. Wade Barrett defeated Ted DiBiase. DiBiase had no ovation. Most people forgot he was still with WWE. Barrett beat him with the Souvenir in about five minutes.
6. Ryback defeated Jiner Mahal in a lumberjack match. All the previous wrestlers were at ringside. The heels protected Mahal whenever he came out of the ring. Darren Young was using his hair pick like a sword fending off Gabriel. Funny. Mahal slapped Ryback, who flipped out and beat him within a couple minutes. After the match, the lumberjacks fought and some heels attacked Ryback. He did his finisher to Darren Young, Cody Rhodes, and the Miz.
7. Sheamus defeated Alberto Del Rio in a Last Man Standing match. Del Rio came out with Ricardo and they were ripping up Sheamus signs in the crowd. Ricardo put a Del Rio shirt on Tony Chimel and was throwing a poster board at him which I found hilarious. Del Rio cut a promo about Orange County Mexicans not being real Mexicans and said things in Spanish that the hispanic crowd booed. Sheamus cut some cheesy promo about Alberto being a "coward" and he was going to "kick his arse." Good match that went to the stage and into the crowd. Ricardo was holding Sheamus in the corner when Del Rio came at him with a chair. Sheamus ducked and Ricardo took a chair shot. Sheamus hit the Brogue Kick and Del Rio was out for the 10 count to end the match.
Dolph Ziggler's music hit and he came out with the briefcase and a referee. He handed the ref the briefcase. When he turned around, he got hit with a Brogue Kick. Sheamus played to the crowd and took a picture with a red headed kid. As much as I hate the Sheamus character, he seemed pretty nice and the kids loved him.
Notes: Overall, a fun show. I paid 30 bucks for floor seats on Stubhub which were 90 face value. I was worried because Smackdown isn't as entertaining as Raw and I haven't been to a house show in a few years, but I had a great time and got my money's worth. Honda Center is a pretty good venue if you are in So Cal.
Alberto Del Rio