DGUSA News: Taylor Signs New Deal, Gargano Suffers Broken Nose, Callihan-WWE Update, More
Posted by Larry Csonka on 11.06.2012
Tons of DGUSA news…
- As far as the live gate goes, the three DGUSA shows are said to not have done well. With shows in Long Island and New Jersey days after Hurricane Irene hit and in the middle of a still ongoing gas shortage, attendance was down. The belief is that they lost a few hundred over the course of the weekend and while that doesn't sound like a lot, for a promotion like DGUSA, it's the difference between breaking even and losing money.
- DGUSA management was happy with the crowd reactions they did receive at the shows and were in love with the Everett, MA venue.
- Johnny Gargano suffered a broken nose from an Akira Tozawa kick, but isn't expected to miss any ring time.
- Chuck Taylor has signed a new two-year deal with the promotion. New deals being signed are for both EVOLVE and DGUSA.
- There is no update on Sami Callihan going to WWE. It was noted among those who saw his work over the weekend is that he's adjusted his work a little following all the advice he received after his multiple WWE tryouts.
- The iPPV streams were said to have some issues on PS3 and XBox live, but have been great on replay viewings.
- Gabe Sapolsky noted that the Freedom Fight event was a "turning point match" for Ricochet, noting that he has embraced his heel character and is showing a lot of charisma.