TNA Could Work With AAA For Lockdown
Posted by Larry Csonka on 12.06.2012
Find out why inside…
- TNA has announced that they will run the 2013 Lockdown PPV at the Alamodome in San Antonio, TX. The thought is that the promotion may reach out to AAA in Mexico to work together for the event in an effort to sell tickets and generate interest in the market.
Jeff and Karen Jarrett, along with Abyss and others have been working with AAA over the past few years, so there is an established relationship there.
WWE took this approach back in 1997 when they held the Royal Rumble at the Alamodom. They used several AAA matches on the non-televised undercard, and talent on the main card, including the Rumble match.
* Dark Match: Perro Aguayo, Jr. and Venum defeated Maniaco and Mosco de la Merced
* Dark Match: Octagón, Blue Demon, Jr., and Tinieblas Jr. defeated Heavy Metal, Abismo Negro, and Histeria
* Free For All Match: Mascarita Sagrada and La Parkita defeated Mini Mankind and Mini Vader
* PPV Card: Héctor Garza, Perro Aguayo, and El Canek defeated Jerry Estrada, Heavy Metal, and Fuerza Guerrera
* Appearing in the Rumble: Pierroth, Mil Máscaras, Cibernético, Latin Lover
The 1997 Royal Rumble drew 60,000 fans. At this time, TNA ia expected to use a 4,000 seat configuration for the event.