1. Brodus Clay and The Uso's defeated The Prime Time Players and Jack Swagger. Swagger's new haircut looks indy. Not good. The Uso's performed a double superkick, and then Clay splashed an opponent for the win.
Vickie Guerrero actually started the show. She said we'd miss her. I obviously did not since I almost forgot this happened. The PNC Arena is roughly 3/4 full with some fans in the upper deck. A good turnout for New Year's Eve Eve.
2. Eve defeated Kaitlyn to retain the WWE Divas Championship. Eve is hot. Kaitlyn is not. A good ten minute match.
3. Santino Marella defeated David Otunga. Blah, blah.
4. Ryback, Daniel Bryan, and Kane defeated The Shield by DQ. They love Ryback here. Dean Ambrose works like a young Jonny Fairplay. It's cute that Seth Rollins and Kaitlyn almost have the same haircut. The crowd was really into Bryan as the face in peril. Roman Reigns used a chair for the DQ. Ryback performed his finisher on Ambrose afterward. The crowd was happy. There was a homoerotic "huge me more" chant by Bryan.
There were personally signed pictures of Ryback or John Cena available during intermission that were signed earlier in the day. There must not be any sick kids in Raleigh.
5. Zack Ryder defeated Tensai. Ryder won in 20 seconds. Tensai had to sing "Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer." He wasn't going to, but Vickie came back out. Tensai said she was making him because he wouldn't go out on a date with her like she asked.
6. The New Age Outlaws beat Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow. The Outlaws won with a Fameasser on Cody's mustache. The crowd was really into all four. Wrestling has a history in North Carolina.
7. John Cena defeated Dolph Ziggler (w/AJ Lee, Big E Langston) in a cage match. Ziggler came out first and took a little kid's Cena wristband. Awesome! I later saw him say he would give it back. Late in the match, there was a ref bump. Langston hit his finisher on Cena. Dolph accidentally hit Cena with the Money in the Bank briefcase. Cena caught Ziggler with the Attitude Adjustment for the win. The crowd was 75 to 80 percent pro-Cena.
Notes: A fun house show for the family. No one got major heat because everyone was happy for the holidays, I guess. A fun show.