Lots of News and Notes From This Past Week’s Extreme Rising Event
Posted by Larry Csonka on 12.31.2012
Tons of fall out from the show…
- Extreme Rising drew around 1,000 fans for their return to the Philadelphia National Guard Armory this past Saturday.
- The company was happy with the crowd, but hoped to top the 1,000 at the show. They were not happy with their own delays and disorganization in certain aspects and want to improve that in 2013. They are also working on production upgrades for future shows.
- The company returns April 4th to the National Guard Armory. They were looking into another venue, but it did not work out. Super Crazy and Damien 666 will debut that weekend.
- There is talk of dropping the live bands playing before the show and intermission next year.
- Alex Reynolds and John Silva from NYWC earned a regular spot with the promotion with their showing over the weekend.
- Matt Tremont was a last minute substitute for Steve Mack, who had car trouble and missed the show. Mack was scheduled to debut and team with XL.
- The Gangstas were scheduled to face BLK OUT in a Steel Cage match but New Jack had injured his ankle at the Pittsburgh iPPV and openly announced he needed surgery and wasn't happy with the promotion for not fronting the money needed. The company pulled him from the show, feeling they couldn't put him in the ring after he announced he was hurt. New Jack got angry, and after some arguing back and forth, all sides came to an agreement, so he was booked to do a run-in, get hurt and be taken out. In the midst of all this, Mustafa (who gets flown in from Las Vegas, where he lives) was canceled and it was too late to get him back on the show, so instead Thomas Rodman dressed and impersonated Mustafa wearing a black hoodie. Security grabbed him as he left the dressing room, and most of the crowd was none the wiser.
- Raven was very vocal backstage about too many people being allowed in the back to visit. He also complained about Blue Meanie's guests being there. The company is going to lock down the backstage area for future shows.
- Promos shot backstage building the Matt Hardy vs. Luke Hawx and Stevie Richards vs. Raven feud.
- Injury notes:
* Jerry Lynn got a black eye from an errant Homicide punch.
* Facade badly cut his finger during a railing spot and needed help getting the bleeding to stop. He actually taped up his finger during the match.
* Jeez injured his leg during the cage match