Notes: Legendary wrestler Stan Hansen was in attendance for New Japan's biggest show of the year. ... No titles changed hands in the five title matches on the PPV line-up. ... The iPPV will be available on-demand through UStream.com.
(1) MVP & Akebono & Manabu Nakanishi & Strongman beat Bob Sapp & Toru Yano & Takashi Iizuka & Yujiro Takahashi in an eight-man tag match. The match was made available for free on NJPW's iPPV stream. After a pre-match brawl on the entrance ramp, the match turned into a series of big-man spots involving Sapp and Akebono, then some double, triple, and quadruple-team splashes in the corner. Eventually, Nakanishi forced Iizuka to tap out to a modified torture-rack. MVP did get in his "Ballin'" elbow drop spot mid-way through the match.
Afterward, MVP summed up the match on Twitter: "I have never been paid so much to do so little. #ILoveJapan."
(2) Masato Tanaka beat Shelton Benjamin to retain the NEVER Openweight Title. Tanaka used outside interference to help secure the win. Afterward, Shelton tweeted about the match: "Rough night thanks to the numbers game."
(3) Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith, Jr. beat Hirooki Goto & "Machine Gun" Karl Anderson to retain the IWGP Tag Titles. Smith pinned Goto to retain the Tag Titles.
(4) Yuji Nagata beat Minoru Suzuki.
(5) Prince Devitt beat Low-Ki and Kota Ibushi in a three-way match to retain the IWGP Jr. Hvt. Title. Devitt pinned Ibushi to retain the title, keeping Low-Ki in the future title mix.
(6) Hiroyoshi Tenzan & Satoshi Kojima beat Keiji Mutoh (Great Muta) & Shinjiro Otani. Tenzan pinned Otani to win the tag match.
(7) Togi Makabe beat Katsuyori Shibata.
(8) Shinsuke Nakamura beat Kazushi Sakuraba to retain the IWGP Intercontinental Title.
(9) Main Event: Tanahashi beat Okada to retain the IWGP World Hvt. Title.