Various News: Ric Flair Talks About His Daughter, ESPN Covers King Mo's Loss, Ronda Rousey Surpasses Brock Lesnar's Media Attention, More
Posted by Joseph Lee on 02.22.2013
Plus news on Linda McMahon and Cary Silkin...
- ESPN has covered King Mo's knockout lost at Bellator last night. They also posted a video of Mo taking a "Brutal Spinning Back Fist" in his semi-final fight against Emanuel Newton.
- Ric Flair was interviewed by WTSP Ch. 10 in Tampa, Florida to promote his NXT/WWE developmental appearance this weekend with his daughter, NXT Diva Charlotte. He said he was "surprised" his daughter joined WWE.
He added: "I think just being around all the guys that weekend (WM28 in Miami) just sold her on it. Three months later she was in Tampa training. It's very cool. It runs in the family; her brother (Reid) is in Tokyo wrestling."
- UFC President Dana White said at this week's UFC 157 press conference that the media attention for Ronda Rousey and the first women's MMA fight in UFC has surpassed the attention for Brock Lesnar.
He said: "No, she blows him out of the water. No fighter who has ever fought for the UFC has received as much attention as she has, it's a fact. Honestly, going into this thing, I didn't know that would happen. I didn't think HBO and TIME Magazine and all these other outlets that never come to us, would. I didn't see that happening. And if they did, I didn't think it was going to be positive. I thought it was going to be freak show. Nobody pulled the freak show card, nobody has really smashed the main event on this card and it's been pretty cool."
- Linda McMahon has been mentioned by The Huffington Post about how empowered women can "lead America forward". She mentions she has granddaughters and grandsons, but doesn't specifically mention family members.
- ROH World has a new 40 minute interview with former owner Cary Silkin. He talks about the highs and lows running ROH, his current role as ROH Ambassador, and his thoughts on how Sinclair Broadcasting has handled running the company.