1. The Miz defeated Damien Sandow. Sandow came out first and cut a weak promo about everything being bigger in Texas, including ignorance. Miz had a nice pop. Miz had his shoulder wrapped. He went for figure 4 six minutes in. Sandow escaped. Sandow kneed the hell out of Miz's shoulder. Later, Miz went for his finisher. Sandow countered. Miz came back later with the figure four for the win.
2. Kaitlyn and Layla beat Aksana and Tamina. Pretty decent pop for divas, Texans love us some hot chicks! Layla had a bigger pop than Kaitlyn, even with the belt around her waist, though it might just be because she came out first. A dead crowd for Aksana and Tamina. They went for cheap heat by teasing a high five to Tony Chimel. The faces went and hugged him. A few cat calls, but a pretty dead crowd. Layla speared Tamina for the win.
3. Jack Swagger (w/Zeb Colter) beat Sin Cara. Zeb cut the same promo as usual. Swagger dominated early. Sin Cara gained the advantage. He went for a cross body at ringside, but Swagger caught him slammed him against the ring. A little back and forth until Swagger caught him in the ankle lock.
4. Fandango beat Ted DiBiase. They tried to play a message from Cody Rhodes on the screen but it was messed up. DiBaise did Gangnam style dance to a small pop. Fandango won a decent match by knocking Ted off the top rope then hitting his finisher.
5. Randy Orton beat Cody Rhodes. Cody came out to a decent reaction and Orton got a huge pop. Best of the night. Cheap heat for Cody saying he's not starting until an "old lady" at ringside was booted. Cody's stache is pretty magnificent in person. I got caught up watching the match. They hit their usual spots, nothing great. Randy hit the RKO for the win.
6. The Great Khali and Brodus Clay (w/Cameron, Naomi) beat Primo and Epico (w/Rosa). It's so much harder to watch Khali walk in person. Brodus came out to a decent pop. Epico and Primo came out to a good pop, but I think it was mostly for Rosa. She and the Funkadactyls did some back and forth dancing for the crowd. A basic big team vs. small team match. Khali hit big chop and Brodus hit a splash for the win.
7. Sheamus beat Wade Barrett in a non-title match. Barrett didn't get much of a reaction, some in my section cheer but mostly quiet. That last match was pretty boring. Sheamus got a huge pop, behind only Orton so far. They traded grapples to start then got to some heavy hitting. Sheamus performed White Noise for the win. Barrett grabbed the mic to run Sheamus down. He told him that he was still standing and badmouthed him only to have Sheamus run back to the ring. Barrett quickly dispatched him. After stopping to play to the crowd, Sheamus stood up and delivered the Brogue Kick. Huge pop.
8. Alberto Del Rio beat Big Show in a No DQ match to retain the World Hvt. Championship. Chimel introduced Ricardo Rodriguez. After Ricardo and Del Rio got to the ring, they talked up being at Texas A&M and brought out head football coach Kevin Sumlin. Obviously, the biggest pop of the night. They gave him an honorary title. Sumlin talked about how people said A&M wouldn't do well in the SEC just like how some people talk about Del Rio. He said some people need to show respect.
Big Show's music hit to loud boos for interrupting. Show got heat by talking bad about A&M being second rate just like Del Rio. Sumlin headed out of the ring. Great back and forth no DQ match. A couple of good near falls, both hit their big spots. Del Rio got the win when Sumlin slid the belt in to hit Show. Sumlin, Del Rio, and Ricardo celebrated and the crowd went home very happy.
A little disappointed that Taker didn't show, but the Sumlin thing was great.