1. John Cena, Ryback, and Sheamus defeated The Shield by DQ. A hot start for the good guys, but the Shield bounced back and took it to Cena for quite a while, much to the delight of every over 14 year old male in my section. The faces made a comeback and the Shield used a chair for the DQ. Ryback broke up a Triple Powerbomb, followed by a trio of good guy finishers.
2. C.M. Punk defeated Zack Ryder. An unexpectedly fast victory for Punk, and he again pinned Ryder ala the Undertaker after a GTS. After the match, Punk cut a promo about fairy tales, equating Taker to the legends and fables you believe as a child, saying that at WrestleMania, he would expose him for what he is, not a myth, but just a man. I hope this makes it on to Raw tonight, the crowd was all over it.
3. Alex Riley defeated Michael McGillicutty. A passable match that showcased both men. A-Ry tried very hard to get over, but the crowd just wasn't having it. The action was okay, though.
4. Bray Wyatt defeated JTG. My first look at Bray Wyatt, and from what I heard around me, most folks' first look. I was impressed. Wyatt has a way of moving that just oozes around the ring. JTG got a pretty good reaction, but Wyatt silenced the youngsters with a pinfall victory.
5. Kaitlyn defeated Tamina (w/Vickie Guerrero) to retain the WWE Diva's Championship. Great effort from the ladies. Sad to see they can't get decent stories or matches on TV as this one was a pleasant surprise.
6. Brodus Clay and Tensai defeated 3MB. The kids love Brodus. A few humorous spots, a Funkadactyl huracanrana, a double splash and a dance contest.
7.The Miz defeated Titus O'Neil. The Miz got a surprisingly good reaction. O'Neil displayed a few high impact moves that drew the 'oohs' and 'aahs' of the crowd. He missed a turnbuckle splash and Miz finished him off with a figure four, which drew one of the biggest pops of the night.
8. Chris Jericho defeated Dolph Ziggler (w/A.J. Lee, Big E Langston). The crowd's choice was No DQ over best of three falls. Ziggler tried to head to the back after Jericho started an "A.J.'s Crazy" chant, but Y2J met him up the entrance and ramp and drug him back to the ring. Great action from both stars in the main event. Ziggler nearly stole a win after some Big E interference, but Jericho battled back and hit the Codebreaker for the clean win. He thanked the crowd for coming after the match and the show ended. No return date was announced.
It was the little lady and I's first date night since our son was born; you know you've picked the right gal when she okays Road to Wrestlemania. A good show, and the crowd seemed more than pleased.
Chris Jericho's Jacket
Miz's Figure Four