C.M. Punk, who was advertised, and Paul Heyman did not appear at the show. Punk was even on the electronic billboard outside the arena. There was no announcement why Punk was not there. People seemed happy to see John Cena, though, so that was enough for the majority of the crowd.
The show was almost sold-out and packed with about 8,000-10,000 in a 12,000-seat Dunkin' Donuts Center.
(1) Brodus Clay & Tensai beat 3MB (Heath Slater & Drew McIntyre) in the opener. Clay & Tensai won with a double splash on Slater. WWE kids love Brodus and Tensai.
Later, Chris Jericho vs. Dolph Ziggler and the fans pick the stipulation.
(2) Zack Ryder beat Darren Young. Ryder won with the Rough Ryder.
The Shield attacked Ryder post-match to massive boos and hit the triple powerbomb. Dean Ambrose told the fans they could rest easy because justice had been served in Rhode Island. Seth Rollins got on the mic next and told the fans to shut up when The Shield speaks. Rollins promised to destroy all of the WWE stars. Roman Reigns got on the mic and stalled before speaking. He asked the fans if they believe. He said tonight we would all believe in The Shield. This made the fans angry.
Vickie Guerrero came out to massive heat and introduced her new/former/Take Two protege, Tamina Snuka, to challenge Divas champion Kaitlyn.
Unofficial Poll: Text 1 if these undercard matches are unbearable. Text 2 if you can't wait for the good stuff.
(3) Divas champion Kaitlyn beat Tamina to retain the Divas Title. Kaitlyn won after shoving Tamina into Vickie and then she hit a spear. They shot fog around the entrance after Kaitlyn won.
Ryback cut a promo backstage saying he'd flush Shield down the drain and the fans would chant, "Feed me more."
Ahead of Jericho's match, they did Jericho's lights-out entrance and the place went crazy. Jericho interrupted the announcement of the match stipulation because fans were still chanting, "Y2J." No DQ was then announced.
(4) Chris Jericho beat Dolph Ziggler (w/A.J. Lee and Big E. Langston) in a No DQ match. After the bell sounded to begin the match, Jericho told the crowd to chant, "A.J.'s crazy," so the fans obliged. Dolph said he'll leave if they don't stop chanting, so the chant picked up. He didn't leave, then Jericho dominated the action. A.J. grabbed his leg and Jericho dragged her into the ring with his leg. So, the ref kicked her out. Ziggler then hit some of the lightest cane shots I've ever seen in a No DQ match. Jericho had Ziggler beat with the Walls of Jericho, but Big E. broke it up. Jericho then finished off Ziggler the MITB briefcase after he ducked it and Ziggler hit Big E.
Next was R-Truth vs. Titus O'Neil. O'Neil cut a promo and got some cheap heat putting down Providence. O'Neil blew his whistle and mocked Truth's "What's Up?" song, replacing it with "Be Quiet."
(5) R-Truth beat Titus O'Neil. Truth won with a quick roll-up.
(6) U.S. champion Antonio Cesaro beat The Miz and Kofi Kingston in a three-way match to retain the U.S. Title. Good action early, but the crowd died down for a Miz-Cesaro segment as Kofi sold on the outside. Great spot with all three guys trading roll-ups ending with a triple clothesline, but the crowd didn't react. Miz hit the Skullcrushing Finale on Kofi, but Cesaro tossed him out of the ring and got the pin. This was really good, but the crowd didn't like it.
Cesaro came back in to attack Miz, but Miz ended up shoving him into Trouble in Paradise. But, the crowd still didn't care.
Main event time; apparently no C.M. Punk tonight.
Big pops for Ryback and Sheamus coming out first, then the roof blew off the place for John Cena's entrance. Lights down and The Shield entered through the crowd to big heat.
(7) John Cena & Ryback & Sheamus beat The Shield via DQ in a six-man tag match. The crowd was hot for the babyfaces on offense early. Not much heat for the Sheamus beat down segment, though. Huge pop for Cena's hot tag, but Rollins saved Ambrose from the Attitude Adjustment with a spear. Rollins then got Shield DQ'ed for hitting Ryback and Sheamus with a chair.
After the match, the babyfaces made a comeback with Cena hitting the AA on Rollins and Ryback hitting Shell-shock on Ambrose.