Live Report From Last Night’s WWE Raw Tapings
Posted by Larry Csonka on 09.17.2013
Some live thoughts on the show…
Thanks to 411 reader Jon W. for sending the following along…
- Good-sized crowd with only a chunk of the third level curtained off. Around 10,000 I'd guess.
- The makeup is 90% parents with kids. And at the risk of sounding offensive, they really do need to push an African American to the top level. That would be best for business.
- Yes, Bob Backlund was in the concourse taking photos. 40 bucks. You talk about a guy who comes across EXACTLY as his character...
- Never easy to tell live, but it really sounded to me like the crowd was pretty hot. Really bought into the good segments.
- No complaints about Cena or Punk missing- Bryan was as over as I've ever seen those guys.
- Miz's parents (that's really them- his dad owns a few Mr. Hero joints in Cleveland) were placed in that spot for just the one segment.
- The live crowd is made very aware when and where the Shield is coming. Before Ambrose's entrance, a security guard raced down to get a vendor out of the aisle.
- The show probably flowed better on TV than it did in person- the last hour was almost entirely pre-taped, commercials, and backstage before the main event.
- Bryan's show opener got the biggest pop, Triple H got the biggest heel reaction when he held up the title- although there really was no shock.
- Judging just on the live crowd, Heyman/Ryback could absolutely be the #2 heel combo in no time. Wow did they hate them.
- You can't help but leave the arena impressed that with Smackdown and PPVs they put on that production 10 times a month.
Must-read wrestling news:
* Spoiler on the main event for Survivor Series
* TNA taking Impact off the road?
* Matt Morgan says he's open to a TNA return
* WWE Smackdown rating jumps
* 411's Wrestler of the Week: Bryan, Styles, More
* Csonka reviews: WWE Raw
* 411's WWE Raw report
comments powered by