Diamond Dallas Page Says Arn Anderson Told Him He'd Never Be A Top Guy
Posted by Joseph Lee on 10.11.2013
And he credits Jake Roberts for making him one...
In an interview with Totally Driven Radio (via PWInsider), Diamond Dallas Page talked about DDP Yoga, working with Scott Hall and Jake Roberts and more.
- DDP spoke about how he came up with the Diamond Studd gimmick. He also came up with the 5 o'clock shadow look for Scott Hall in WCW after he saw a George Michael video on MTV in the middle of the night.
- He talked about working in Florida Championship Wrestling and how he had to try out for Dusty Rhodes over the phone. He got to be a color commentator along with Gordon Solie.
- He said he has five decades in wrestling as he had a few matches in 1978. He said he stuck with the bar business at the time because it was hard to turn down "all the broads, booze and money".
- He credited Jake "The Snake" Roberts for helping him with his early WCW matches and teaching him wrestling psychology.
- He said once he started using the Diamond Cutter, he started getting incredibly popular.
- He said without Dusty Rhodes there would be no DDP and without Jake Roberts he never would have been a top guy or a World Champion.
- He said Arn Anderson actually told him he'd never be a top guy in the business.
- He gave his opinion on ECW. He said he got Raven into the company and one of his biggest regrets was never getting to work in the ECW Arena, especially after Dusty told him the building was "magic".
- He said his ex-wife Kimberly kept suggesting Yoga after he was told he'd never wrestle again. He combined it with rehabilitation exercises and that's how he came up with DDP Yoga. He does it five days a week. He said that at 57 years of age he has abs and "is ripped and is svelte."
- He told the story of helping disabled veteran Arthur, and how the video has over 10,000,000 views and was in Google's Top 100 videos last year.
- He has a new app coming out, along with DDP Yoga for seniors. He said Arthur used a chair as part of his workouts.
- He also talked about helping Jake Roberts and Scott Hall to help them live a clean and healthy lifestyle.
He appears on the podcast around 23 minutes in and spends 45 minutes talking.