WWE News: Update On WWE Music Lawsuit, Triple H/Big Show Feud Continues, More
Posted by Joseph Lee on 10.17.2013
How is the lawsuit going?
- WWE and songwriter James Papa are working out a settlement in his lawsuit against the company for using WCW Slamjam music without credit and payment, along with allegedly misappropriating the copyrights and credit for James Johnston, their in-house composer. They had a meeting to resolve the issues with a third party mediator. While nothing was settled yet, both sides agreed to meet again.
- WWE.com ran another video interview in which Michael Cole asks HHH about the events of RAW. HHH called Big Show the "wrestler formerly known as Big Show, Paul Wight" and said he would deal with him on Monday along with the Rhodes family. Unlike previous interviews, HHH appeared to be upset and even threatened Cole.
- Olympic wrestling coach James Johnson was at the WWE Performance Center this week.
- On this season of The Ultimate Fighter, there is a fighter named Josh Hill, who goes by "Gentleman". When asked how he came up with the nickname, he said his great uncle was a pro wrestler with the WWF called "Gentleman" Jerry Valiant.
- Marc Mero made a talking appearance in Osceola, Florida, which was covered by the local media.