Various News: Details On First NYWC TV Taping, Wrestling Belt Found After 20 Years, More
Posted by Joseph Lee on 11.04.2013
Plus news on Willie Mack...
- New York Wrestling Connection will begin filming TV footage for their planned TV debut at their November 30 event at the NYWC Sportatorium in Deer Park, Long Island. The series is set to debut locally early next year. There are two potential stations lined up. Both would give them coverage over Long Island and one of them would give them some coverage in the NYC Metropolitan area. Dave Marquez will help with the production, since they are getting TV through the new Wrestling United Network group that Marquez put together. You can get ticket details here.
- Killer Tim Brooks' NAWA promotion in Waxahachie, Texas had their championship belt returned by police twenty years after it was stolen. Brooks revealed the belt over the weekend and put it back into the storylines, giving it to Nobe Bryant after he beat Max Muscles, Mr. Wrestling IV and Joe Angelo Garcia in a four-way elimination match to become the NAWA champion. The promotion was using a Texas Heavyweight championship belt that is now retired.
- Kekoa the Flyin' Hawaiian beat Papadon to become the new ECWA Heavyweight Champion in Newark, Delaware. The match went 42 minutes, ending with Papadon losing to the Spanish Fly. It was considered the best ECWA match in a year. On the undercard were Kid USA (former ECW ref Mike Kehner under a mask), Apollyon, Ahtu and Mr. Ooh La La. The show featured Chris Wylde & ECWA Women's champ Jessie Kaye defeating ECWA Mid Atlantic Champ Ricky "The Model" Martinez & Renee Michelle. The promotion's next event is on December 7 at the Greater Newark Boys & Girls Club with JJ Dillon appearing. They will be run a Toys for Tots drive at the show.
- Willie Mack will make a rare independent appearance in New York City on December 13 for the Maximos' Fighting Spirit Wrestling at their FSW Arena (133 29th Street) in Brooklyn, New York. FSW Primero champion Whiplash will defend against Jigsaw, Mack, BLK Jeez and another unnamed competitor in the main event. Da Hit Squad, The Maximos and more will also appear. You can get more details here.
- Tracy Smothers & Flash Flanagan beat Sexy Shawn Cook and JKO in the main event of Hoosier Pro Wrestling's 15th anniversary event in Columbus, Indiana over the weekend.