Extreme Rising News: Live iPPV Sells Well, TV Show Delayed, More
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 12.29.2013
Lots of notes coming out of the weekend show...
- The iPPV replay for Extreme Rising's weekend show is available here. The live stream reportedly did very well, and there were no issues with the broadcast.
- In terms of attendance, the show reportedly drew 700 to 850 people in the former ECW Arena. The arena is not yet completed but once it is done (expected to be in April), it will begin featuring various types of events including (but not limited to) wrestling.
- A masked man interfered during Rhino and Crowbar's match. That was Steve Corino's son Colby under a mask.
- DJ Hyde of CZW, along with several women from the former Dangerous Women of Wrestling promotion, were backstage.
- The Extreme Rising show will be delayed, as Arda Ocal was set to come in from Canada as the lead TV host but weather issues from several weeks back caused a flight then to be canceled. The promotion wanted to do some taping this weekend but Ocal had a schedule conflict; as a result the show won't debut on January 1st as hoped. Matt Striker and Joel Gertner will be on the announcing team instead of Ocal.
- Former WWE talent Rich Ortiz asked to work as a heel, since he knew the crowd would turn on him as a WWE alumni.
- The promotion considered the idea of AJ Styles and Davey Richards as potential mystery men for the main event but ultimately went with Steve Corino.
- Shane Douglas wasn't backstage, and was not involved with the show. Steve O'Neil was referring to himself as the person running the promotion day-to-day.