I attended the first WWE show of the year tonight here in Fayetteville. It was a solid show but felt like we were extras at a QVC convention with all the stuff they hawked.
I wouldn't say it was awesome but the kids that were there liked it, which since they are pushing for that audience, is what it about these days. I've been to a ton of old NWA shows over the years and then WCW after that. This was the first time in years I went to a WWE show and I only did because my friend had an extra. It's sad how its more like Harlem Globetrotters then ever, but that's the way of the world.
The results saw:
* Sin Cara pinned Ryback.
*Rusev made Zack Ryder submit to the Camel Clutch. [Note from Mike - this is NXT star Alexander Rusev.]
* The Bella Twins defeated Alicia Fox and Aksana.
* Sweet T defeated Brodus Clay.
* Dolph Ziggler pinned Alberto Del Rio with a Zig Zag.
* Great Khali destroyed Curtis Axel.
* Cody Rhodes & Goldust beat The Real Americans in the best match on the show.
* John Cena beat Randy Orton via DQ after being hit with a low blow. Orton retained the WWE title. I really hated the ending here. WWE comes to the area maybe a few times a year and that's the ending they send us home with?