WWE Announces Launch of WWE Network
Posted by Jeremy Thomas on 01.08.2014
It's launching next month...
- WWE has officially announced the launch of the WWE Network. The 24/7 streaming service will launch in the US on February 24th and will cost $9.99 per month with a six month commitment. The network will include all twelve WWE PPVs live (including WrestleMania) and original programming, reality shows, documentaries, classic matches and more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
"Today is a historic day for WWE as we transform and reimagine how we deliver our premium live content and 24/7 programming directly to our fans around the world," said Vince McMahon. "WWE Network will provide transformative growth for our company and unprecedented value for our fans."
The network will be available for subscriptions starting on February 24th at 9 AM on WWE.com and will include a one-week trial for a limited time. The network will be available via over-the-top digital distribution and will be available on the following:
* Desktops and laptops via WWE.com
* The WWE App on Amazon's Kindle Fire devices, Android devices such as Samsung Galaxy, iOS devices such as Apple iPad and iPhone, Roku streaming devices, Sony PlayStation® 3 and Sony PlayStation® 4 and Xbox 360.
Availability on additional devices, including Xbox One and select Smart TVs, will follow this summer.
The network will also offer fans a revolutionary second screen experience for all original programming and live events via the WWE App, similar to the interactive fan experience currently available for flagship TV programs Raw and SmackDown. It will launch in the UK, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong and the Nordics by the end of 2014/early 2015.
At launch, all of the following will be available:
* All 12 current WWE pay-per-view events – including WrestleMania – will be available to subscribers live, as well as on demand.
* Live pay-per-view 30 minute pre- and post-shows.
* Raw and Smackdown preshows: Every Monday and Friday night, WWE Network will air 30 minute pre- and post-shows for WWE's weekly cable programs Monday Night Raw and Friday Night SmackDown.
* The Monday Night War – a series exploring the shocking real-life stories that fueled the mid-90s rivalry between WWE and WCW®. Battling for ratings dominance, WWE's Vince McMahon and WCW's Ted Turner engaged in a masterful game of one-upmanship, and in the process, elevated WWE Monday Night Raw and WCW Monday Nitro to all-new levels of pop-culture relevance.
* WrestleMania Rewind – a comprehensive look back at the most groundbreaking matches and dramatic moments in WrestleMania history, including never-before-seen footage and in-depth interviews.
* WWE Countdown – a one hour, groundbreaking, interactive, countdown series that puts the power squarely in viewers' hands by giving the audience the chance to discuss and rank WWE's most spectacular Superstars, unexpected moments, best catch phrases and more through digital polling and social media interaction.
* WWE NXT® – WWE Superstars and Divas of tomorrow face off every week on WWE NXT, a one-hour weekly show that features the brightest and best of WWE's rising stars. WWE NXT showcases the Superstars and Divas from WWE's Performance Center as well as appearances from WWE Superstars and Legends in an intimate setting. WWE NXT broadcasts from the state-of-the-art Full Sail LIVE venue on the Full Sail University in campus in Orlando, Florida.
* WWE Superstars – a one-hour weekly show highlighting the best of WWE Superstars and Divas in heart-pounding matches. Features highlights from all WWE programming, as well as a special glimpse at everything going on in the WWE Universe.
Coming in April:
* WWE Legends House – WWE's greatest Legends reunite for a new title – only this time, they're competing outside of the ring. Imagine a beautiful house in the suburbs – perfectly furnished, with gorgeous landscaping, a lovely pool and quiet, respectable neighbors. WWE Superstars from the past including Rowdy Roddy Piper, Tony Atlas and Hacksaw Jim Duggan will turn the neighborhood upside down as the house staff tries their best to keep these Legends on time, on speaking terms, and out of trouble in this new reality show.
Video On Demand
* WWE Network will offer all WWE, WCW and ECW pay-per-views as well as classic matches uncut and uncensored, encores of Raw, SmackDown and WWE Main Event totaling more than 1,500 hours of video on demand at launch.
* All episodes of original programming on WWE Network will be available on demand immediately after they premiere, allowing viewers to watch on their schedule.