WWE Network News: Some People Still Having Problems, Troubled Launch Gets Coverage
Posted by Joseph Lee on 02.26.2014
The first week not going as smoothly as WWE would like...
- WWE Network announced yesterday that they would have VOD problems fixed by 6 PM yesterday. For some people, such as Roku users, VOD material loads quickly but streams stop and crash within 5-15 minutes. But when it works, it has been "flawless" in smoothness and HD picture quality.
- Since WWE isn't planning to sell any advertising or sponsorship until next year, they've been filling in the spots between programs with their own content. This includes Youtube shows (WWE Inbox, Outside the Ring), looks at talent (like Goldust), WWE Hall of Fame induction announcement videos (Jake Roberts, Lita) and shorter clips like "Best of the Worst" (Playboy Buddy Rose's blow-away diet and The Shockmaster) and promotional ads for other Network shows.
- Those who signed up for a trial membership were not actually charged $9.99 as some have claimed. WWE put a hold charge on the card to see if it was valid, similar to what a rental car company or hotel would do. They then refunded the charge on the same day.
- The loophole that allowed Canadian, French and Swiss fans to stream WWE Network on AppleTV has been closed.
- The material on the WWE Network is in HD, but if the shows were filmed in standard definition, that is what they are shown in.
- The Network has announced the following today: "We are working aggressively to fix log-in issues on the WWE Network application that are effecting viewers with accounts created in the last 24 hours. We will provide an update shortly."