Extreme Rising News: Statement on Shane Douglas, More matches Announced, More
Posted by Larry Csonka on 03.11.2014
Some Extreme Rising news…
- Sonjay Dutt vs. Papadon has been added to the April 25th event.
- Extreme Rising Champion Stevie Richards will face Sabu on April 25th and Luke Hawx on April 26th.
- Sabu vs. L.A. Park has been added to the April 26th event.
- A big push for Devon Storm is expected in the near future.
- Extreme Rising sent out the following statement, regarding Shane Douglas' status with the company…
We have done our best to maintain the original "Springtime Beatdown" card (originally scheduled for 3/1 at the Arena, but was rescheduled due to venue issues with the City of Philadelphia's L&I department). The Franchise Shane Douglas had unexpectedly removed himself from the Extreme Rising events. This came as a surprise as a statement was issued through various new sites stating he was never booked for the events, as Extreme Rising's Steve O'Neill was never contacted whatsoever. Maybe one to many chairs to head, who knows. As many of you know Shane Douglas participated in a video promo for the 2/8 Pittsburgh, PA event and he was in the plans all the way up to the Anniversary event, and even the new Pittsburgh date. We hope Shane is well, and sincerely wish him the best. Who knows what would've happened on December 28th if the original plan for The Franchise to do a "lights off / on" spot at the end of the event would've went off, as well as received?"